Freedom of Movement between the UK and EU ended on 31 December 2020. This means that EEA nationals and Swiss citizens no longer have an automatic right to live and work in the UK from that date. They will need a UK immigration status to remain in the UK after 30 June 2021.
If you and your family are EEA nationals and lived in the UK before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply for settled or pre-settled status.
You can gain:
- pre-settled status, if you have lived in the UK for less than 5 continuous years
- settled status, if you have lived in the UK for 5 continuous years or more
Terminology / your rights:
- if you gain pre-settled status from outside the UK, you will get 5 years leave to enter
- if you gain pre-settled status in the UK, you will get 5 years leave to remain
- if you gain settled status, you will get indefinite leave to enter or remain depending on whether you applied from outside or from the UK
With settled status, you can spend up to 5 years in a row outside the UK without losing your status.
Your non-EU family members living in the UK before 31 December 2020 also need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
If your EU and non-EU close family members weren't living in the UK before 31 December 2020, they can join you in the future, as long as:
- the relationship still exists
- you were a resident before 31 December 2020 and have successfully applied to the scheme by 30 June 2021.
Close family members are spouses, civil partners, unmarried partners and dependent children, grandchildren, parents and grandparents. Children need to secure an immigration status, too.
We can advise you on your rights and assist you in making the correct application.
Our EU Settlement visa fees
Our fees depend on the complexities of your case, your immigration history and urgency. Before we take your instructions, we will agree on the fee with you. Our EU Settlement visa fees range from £ 500 to £ 2,500 plus VAT and disbursements.
We provide tailored solutions for our clients. For details on our services and fees, please see here.
To find out how we can help you today, contact us on 07968 902362 or email email@example.com. We will be in touch with you within 24 hours.
Our EU Settlement fees
We work on a fixed fee basis. Please see our fees.
To find out how we can help you today, contact us on 07968 902362, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch with you within 24 hours.