British Citizenship is the final goal for most migrants to secure settlement in the UK. It is not an automatic right but a privilege. British citizenship laws and rules are complex. We have vast experience helping clients obtain British citizenship, even when their circumstances are very complicated.
Obtaining British Citizenship
You can apply if you:
- fulfil the residency requirements (five continuous years, three continuous years if married to a British Citizen)
- have gained indefinite leave to remain (ILR), Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme, or a permanent residence document since at least 12 months
- are of good character - this refers mainly to immigration or criminal history
- passed the Life in the UK test
- have sufficient knowledge of the English language - either a B1 to C2 qualification or a British degree
Registration is the only avenue to secure British citizenship for a child. Under the British Nationality Act 1981, various classes of children can register by entitlement, and there is discretion, under s 3(1), to register any child. Various categories of adults under particular circumstances may be entitled to registration. In this case, you do not need to demonstrate sufficient English language knowledge and pass the Life in the UK test. However, anyone over the age of 10 needs to show good character.
The UK allows people to become British citizens while keeping their original citizenship.
Please check with your own country's embassy or consulate if they allow dual citizenship. Many countries do not.
How we can help
We have extensive experience in British Nationality Law and Rules. We have worked in British immigration for 20 years; we can guide you through the requirements and application process to achieve the outcome you seek.
Our British Citizenship fees
Our fees depend on the complexities of your case, your immigration history and urgency. Before we take your instructions, we will agree on the fee with you. Our British Citizenship fee ranges from £ 1,500 to £ 3,000 plus VAT and disbursements.
We provide tailored solutions for our clients. For details on our services and fees, please see here.
To find out how we can help you today, contact us on 07968 902362 or e-mail email@example.com. We will be in touch with you within 24 hours.